Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week of January 30th-Februay 5th.


Monday & Tuesday: 
While I took both of these days of from running. I still managed to get in 1.5 hrs of foam rolling and stretching each day. For me this type of active recovery combined with walking is the best form of recovery after a race.

Wednesday:
AM: 3 miles easy & 1 hr of foam rolling and stretching
PM: 5 miles easy on the roads

Thursday:
AM: 3 miles easy & 1 hr of foam rolling and stretching
PM: 8 miles easy on the trail

Friday:
Off, but with 1.5 hrs of foam rolling and stretching

Saturday:
16 miles in 1:58 w/ 1000 ft.
This was a road run on the CDA Tri course.

Sunday:
16 miles in 1:57 w/1000 ft.
This was the same route I ran on Saturday.

Total: 
5 hrs and 48 minutes for 51 miles and 2,450 ft.

Overall I was really happy with the quality of training this week. I listened to my body and put the focus of the week on active recovery. The weekend took some effort, but it gave me a good idea of my recovery from Orcas Island and provided me some good insight for pacing in the Hagg Lake 25k which is coming up in two weeks!

Going to enjoy my recovery day and massage on Monday and then it's back at it! Still working on getting a race report written for the Orcas Island 25k.

No comments: