Thursday, April 12, 2012

Riverside 20 miler


With spring finally arriving in the Pacific North West we took the opportunity to get out and enjoy the now snow-free trails of Riverside State Park in Spokane, WA. In addition to Scott, Tyler, Aaron and myself, who were out for a 20 miler, a small crew of TRIFORMANCE athletes came out to the park to put in some time on the MTB and do a little trail running.

It was in the mid 40's when we started around 9:30 and by 11 we were into the 60's. Simply put, it was a beautiful day! We kept the pace conversational and enjoyed good conversation through out the run. We stopped a couple times to take a couple pictures and enjoy the views of unusually turbulent Spokane River.


This was my first 20 miler since last April and my longest since surgery and for the first time after a long run, my shoulder didn't even ache! By the time we hit about the 17 mile mark I could start to feel the fatigue in my legs, but in a good way :-)

The pictures below are from my run at Riverside 3 days earlier. If you live in the area and haven't run at this park you need to check it out. There are over 70 miles of single track to enjoy!







1 comment:

Scott McMurtrey said...

It really was a great day on the trails.

I wish Riverside were closer -- I love those trails.